The organization’s structure and needs are factors that determine board size. Consider the following points:
1. Every board needs a sufficient range of expertise to accomplish the organization’s mission.
2. A board that is too small may result in overworked and unproductive board members
3. A board that is too large, may result in every member not having the opportunity to participate actively.
Karmen A. Booker is an Attorney, Nonprofit / Business Consultant, and Owner of Compu-Perfect Professional Services, a business consulting firm specializing in Business Entity Formation (Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Nonprofit Corporations), Completing 501(c)(3) Federal Tax Exemption Applications, Grant Research and Writing services, and more. Call Attorney Booker TODAY at (301) 408-1082 so she can help you write your vision, make it plain, and transform your vision into realized goals.
The Nonprofit Board is an e-book developed by Attorney Karmen A. Booker. It discusses the following:
* Are You Considering Being on the Nonprofit Board
* Recruiting Nonprofit of Members
* Getting Nonprofit Board Members
* Legal Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards
* Getting Commitment from Nonprofit Board Members
* Effective Nonprofit Board Leadership
* Tips for Having an Efficient Nonprofit Board Meeting
* Job Descriptions
It also has a Sample Nonprofit Board Survey Letter and a Sample Nonprofit Board Survey.
“The Nonprofit Board” is a valuable resource for all Nonprofit Organizations who desire to discover information and tools that will help them recruit committed Board members and maintain organization efficiency through the Board.