Donors to your nonprofit should receive:
1) a thank you letter and
2) a receipt for their tax-deductible donation.
The IRS requires that a charity send an acknowledgement letter for any donation that is more than $250. The donor uses this letter as proof of his or her donation and right to a tax deduction. These letters should be sent immediately after the donation is received.
The minimum requirements of that acknowledgement letter are:
* Your organization’s name
* The amount of the cash contribution
* A description (but not value) of non-cash contribution (sometimes called gift-in-kind). The donor is responsible for estimating the value of non-cash contributions when they are reported to the IRS on a donor’s tax return
* A statement that no goods or services were provided by the organization, if applicable
* A description and good faith estimate of the value of goods or services, if any, that the organization provided in return for the contribution. An example of this is a benefit dinner where some of the money received pays for the actual dinner, while the rest is a donation
* A statement that goods or services, if any, that the organization provided in return for the contribution consisted entirely of intangible benefits if applicable. An example might be a small gift typically of a value under $65
Karmen A. Booker is an Attorney, Business Consultant and Owner of Compu-Perfect Professional Services, a business consulting firm specializing in Business Entity Formation (Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Nonprofit Corporations), Completing 501(c)(3) Federal Tax Exemption Applications, Grant Research and Writing services, and more.
Attorney Karmen A. Booker has developed an E-book called “Fundraising for Nonprofits ”. It provides Fundraising Tips that include but are not limited to
- Developing a Fundraising Plan
- Writing a Fundraising Letter
- Specific Fundraising Tips such as selling advertisement space in your newsletter and on your website, and more.
GET YOUR COPY TODAY. Just Click on the Buy Now button below.
Attorney Karmen A. Booker has developed the “Nonprofit Sample Template” e-book that provides templates for the following:
* Sample Mission Statements
* Sample Business Plans
* Sample Donor Solicitation Letter
* Sample Thank You Donor Letter
* Sample Press Release
* Sample Letter of Inquiry
* Sample Corporate Donation Letter
* Sample Board Member Application
* Sample Board Member Agreement
* Sample Volunteer Application
* Sample Volunteer Agreement
* AND MORE
This Nonprofit Sample Template is a valuable resource for all Nonprofit Organizations who desire to use effective tools that will undoubtedly help them acquire funding and provide quality services for their target markets.
GET YOUR COPY TODAY ON SALE for ONLY $9.99. Just click on the Buy Now button below.